Active8 are a well-established, award-winning Managed Print, IT & VoIP Telecoms Solutions provider with regional offices located across the South, East Anglia, Midlands and London. The Business has grown considerably over the past few years. We are well-established in delivering an outstanding service to a growing number of clients. With continuing growth, we are looking for an experienced and highly motivated 1st Line IT Engineer to join our existing team.
The main responsibility of the role is to deliver exceptional 1st line IT Helpdesk technical support to both internal and external customers and staff, assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone and email.
Based from our offices in Newark, the role involves working at various locations as required by the Business and therefore a full, clean driving licence is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide technical support; answering support queries either via phone or email
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles and SLA
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- To log all calls on the Zendesk call logging system and maintain full documentation
- Respond to enquiries from clients and help them resolve any hardware or software problems
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected
- Support users in the use of Computer equipment as and when needed
- To allocate more complex service issues to the 2nd line IT engineers
- To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house
Skills / Attributes Required
- Relevant 1st line / Helpdesk support experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows desktop technologies (XP / Vista / Windows 7)
- Experience using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook/Office 365 within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, and delegation)
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- Excellent telephone manner and face to face communication skills
- MCP certification would be beneficial, but is not essential
Attractive remuneration package depending on experience. Other benefits include: Company pension scheme, Industry training, Company Mobile.
Some on call work will be required